Sunday, June 27, 2010

Erik as self-portrait


22"x30" Tweed museum of Art done 2009 march 25th sold to tweed march 26th hung in tweed march 27th for year - finished in 10 minutes abstract-expressionist /realist painting acrylic charcoal mouth is off-center eyes and ear are diminutive. Prominently- cheek_ 2nd nose mouth. For the 1st year it was shown, I pointed it out to many and got their reactions to it. Some couldn't see 'till I pointed out cheek nose and mouth, rarely did a person recognize it from 20-30' away. What it gave me is a look into people's minds and said perception of said artwork. Knowledge of said artwork, that is until the goodbye party for the chancellor(Martin) at Tweed had it  covered up- because of the attention in which I perceive paid to it,but mostly because of where it was front and center( thank you -  Ken-Peter-Eric for such an honorary placement)+ it had been up for a year (I'd like to formally apologize to Scott for venting all over you - when the truth be told - you are one of my real friends) Tweed has nothing close to its resemblance, there has been nothing like it produced anywhere in 10 minutes or ever. It was a substantial "hit" with museum goers, and me not being an art critic - if there was a flood of people descending on the UMD , and let the people pluck a purple poppy and pick what they like. I am a phenom in the art world, like it or not, if the YOU don't want my work, I'll sell it everywhere. Feast your eyes on this BLOG. And this is just the beginning - where now? PS:I have no EGO, this is me speaking.really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"live tearful" embraces my heart and soul. I don't think you should sell this for less than $3,000. If you can wait a bit I will have the funds to buy it. It will look awesome in my little gallery. You are my heart!

Anonymous said...

You are my heart. You have the mind of an intense and complicated genius. Your choice of shading and color takes my breath away. Please don't consider selling this piece for less than $3,000. You are also my soulmate in your spiritual expressions.