Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Untitled 57


an abstract-expressionism done 12 years ago 2010 meaning 1998 had recently entered college and my 1st class was with the painting professor who after having had his own bout with mental illness gave me a c- after having stretched and painted 5 - 4'x3' paintings to this I thought to myself I am never taking another class from you - you so called"professor" I didn't for the next 5 years - painting was my degree yet I painted at home which worked out for the best as I was able to freely move through my progressive styles and then after selling 12 to "real" professors" and 3 to the Tweed Museum of Art I took another class from this fool by this time my reputation proceeded me and I was able to paint at home I didn't paint one painting for his class all the paintings I turned in were painted in the previous 5 years while I attended UMD don't prejude your students you don't know, as they don't, what's in their future. After the class was over I painted over 3 and left 2, one is in my mom's living room and the second I gave to my brother

No comments: